How does cupping work?
Cupping therapy involves the suctioning of broad body surface areas such as the back by creating a vacuum inside the cups. The regional vacuum increases blood flow to the area and warms up the surrounding tissues.
Cupping therapy is able to:
- Increases circulation
- Warms up affected areas
- Stimulates healing
- Expels stagnant blood flow
- Promotes muscular relaxation
- Reduces pain
- Break up fascial adhesions to allow proper fluid dispersion and muscle movement (both treats and prevents muscle knots)
Commonly applied areas include the neck, upper and lower back, shoulder, knees and legs.
What can cupping help?
- Muscle pain – back pain, neck pain, leg pain and shoulder pain
- Poor circulation
- Anxiety – helps with relaxation
- Detoxification – helps move lymph and blood
- Stress reduction
- IT band syndrome